Installation Instructions - 944
944 & 944S2 TURBO BACKING PLATE KIT INSTALLATION
The N.E.R.P. Aluminum brake backing plates are specifically designed for your vehicle. The backing plate has been designed to fit without any modifications to it. Now let’s get started.
Note: Turbo installation requires that the right front coolers be repositioned.
If you purchased the complete kit you should have the following components:
2 – ABS Intake scoops
1 – Section of 7' OR (2) sections of 3 1/2' of 500°F Silicone Hose
2 – Black Anodized Aluminum backing plates
4 - 2 1/2"hose clamps
8 - 50# Black Nylon Tie wraps
- Properly lift and support the front end of the car, and remove the wheels.
- Remove the brake calipers by removing the two bolts that secure the calipers to the strut and support them in a way not to damage the brake lines.
- Remove the dust cap on the hub in order to gain access to the spindle clamp nut.
- Remove the nut by loosening the screw that clamps it to the threaded spindle. You can now carefully remove the hub and bearings, being careful not to let the front bearing fall out.
- If you have an existing backing-dust plate installed it needs to be removed. The new backing plate can then be installed with the inlet tube opening facing the top inside of the car.
- Line up the bolt holes and bolt the backing plate to the spindle. Just snug the bolts at this time. Now carefully place the hub and rotor back onto the spindle and check the clearance between the backing plate and the brake rotor. The clearance can be adjusted by using shim washers behind the backing plate. Make sure that the backing plate does not rub on the rotor in the bearing seal location. When satisfied with the fit, the bolts can then be tightened to factory specs.
- Install the hose between the scoop-duct and the backing plate securing at both ends with the supplied hose clamps.
- Re-install the hub spindle clamp nut and adjust and tighten to factory recommendations.
- Place the rotor back onto the hub.
- Re-mount the brake calipers and tighten the bolts to factory specifications. You should also With the car still up on the jack stands, rotate the steering back and forth to check for any interference. If all checks fine, then re-attach the road wheels, lower the car and re-torque the lug nuts.
All merchandise is guaranteed to be free from defects in material and workmanship. Any item that has been found to be defective will be replaced without charge due to defective material or workmanship. All warranty claims must include the original invoice number.
N.E.R.P. LLC. Does not warrant the legality of this product or that it complies with local, state, or federal regulations, nor does N.E.R.P. LLC recommend illegal modifications. Due to vehicle regulations varying from state to state, it is recommended you check local laws and regulations for your area before ordering. Our liability is limited to replacement of the part only and does not recognize claims for labor or consequential damage. We do recommend the kit to be installed by a qualified mechanic. The preceding pictures are for reference only, your vehicle may be different.